FACTS AND FIGURES
Academia Sinica has:
- 261 Academicians of which 101 are Domestic Academicians and 160 are Overseas
Academicians. Of the total, 111 academicians work in Mathematics and Physical Sciences; 88 in Life Sciences; and 62 in Humanities and Social Sciences.
- 851 Principle Investigators: 104 Distinguished Research Fellows; 329 Research Fellows; 251 Associate Research Fellows; 167 Assistant Research Fellows.
- 84 Specialists: 21 Senior Research Specialists; 31 Associate Research Specialists; 42 Assistant Research Specialists.
- 994 Postdoctoral Fellows.
- Total 2104 students of which 1220 are Ph.D. students; 786 Master's degree students; 98 students.
- The Divisions of Humanities and Social Sciences are made up of 11 institutes and 1 center.
- The Divisions of Mathematics and Physical Sciences are made up of 8 institutes and 3 centers.
- The Division of Life Sciences is made up of 5 institutes and 3 centers.
(Figures last updated: December 5, 2013. Source: Personnel Office)