FACTS AND FIGURES
Academia Sinica has:
- 264 Academicians of which 103 are Domestic Academicians and 161 are Overseas
Academicians. Of the total, 112 academicians work in Mathematics and Physical Sciences; 90 in Life Sciences; and 62 in Humanities and Social Sciences.
- 854 Principle Investigators: 100 Distinguished Research Fellows; 333 Research Fellows; 253 Associate Research Fellows; 168 Assistant Research Fellows.
- 96 Specialists: 22 Senior Research Specialists; 29 Associate Research Specialists; 45 Assistant Research Specialists.
- 950 Postdoctoral Fellows.
- Total 2171 students of which 1230 are Ph.D. students; 827 Master's degree students; 114 students.
- The Divisions of Humanities and Social Sciences are made up of 11 institutes and 1 center.
- The Divisions of Mathematics and Physical Sciences are made up of 8 institutes and 3 centers.
- The Division of Life Sciences is made up of 5 institutes and 3 centers.
(Figures last updated: May 7, 2013. Source: Personnel Office)